Sunday, July 23, 2017

Indy Has a FILLY

Karin brought Indy in around noon into the nice cool air conditioned barn as she was panting and squirting milk each time she walked. As soon as we got home from church I ran right up and checked her, she was standing quietly and comfortably in the stall. Today was Sarah and Nolan's baby shower at the park in Marquet Heights so Jessica, Anna and I drove there together. Amanda, Sarah's mother-in-law put on a very beautiful shower. Below are a few pictures.
all the outfits below were made by Amanda for baby Zion. 
 Check out those cute onesies. 
We had just settled down to eat when Ben sent a text that baby #1 was born and Karin's phone was dead. My first thought was wonderful, then of course that baby #1 statement caused some concern. Was Indy carrying twins, or was Roxanne delivering too? I couldn't get a response from anyone from the farm so decided to leave the shower and head home. When I got there all was well, the filly was up and nursing. She is HUGE, so big that she was a bit stuffed inside her mom and will need to unfold a bit.


 She has a tiny white star in the middle of her forehead.
My first response was this is really an ugly duckling except I remembered Angelica, Indy's last filly by Evan. She too I felt was pretty ugly and turned out gorgeous. Below is a newborn picture of Angelica and then a picture at weaning.
This filly is going to end up just as beautiful and has the added tiny bit of chrome. The kids and grandkids all came for dinner tonight then we ended up at the playground for the usual volley ball games. Below are pictures of the evening. 

















The games went on past dark. The lights were turned on and they only quit when they ran out of players. I had to run to the barn for one more time to check on the filly, put Roxanne out, water and feed and clean stalls. I'm going to sleep good tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment