Thursday, January 19, 2012

Email from Sue

Hi Judy.
I read your blog and wanted to say you make me laugh with the oh so subtle hints about the horse show. The vet told me he would xray her at 2 1/2 --this month! but weather and finances will put it off until April, then if she is ready, off to the trainer so I am saving madly because I sooooooo want to ride her this summer. I sure would have liked to go and thank you for the invite. Here are a couple pics from last month. She makes me look short! She is such a sweetheart and I couldn't be happier with her. She definitely is a favorite at the barn. I do have to laugh because I have never seen her run or do the show off trot but my friends all say they have. One day while standing in the pasture talking to them she would run and when I turned around she would stop. The brat did this a few times all when she apparently knew I wasn't looking. I don't think she wants me to know what she is capable of doing or just thinks it's funny to fool me.
Sue

THANKS SUE: Well I guess that means Piper is out for the show but it was sure worth a try. Just look at the picture above of her taken last month. Sue is a tall lady and Piper towers over her and she is not even 2 and a half in the picture. I think she will easily top 16.3 hands when full grown, Sue you are going to need a step ladder to get on her.
Braelyn was dropped off a little after 8:00am, she was a busy girl today. First playing with the truck & trailer along with a couple Breyer horses (that's my girl!)

Then cruising from the fridge, stopping and playing with the knobs on the drawers, then over to the dishwasher.

Making her way to the cupboards under the sink and learning how to open them and get the garbage out until Grandma tied them shut.

Then crawling over to the table and trying to pull things down.

She is just such a busy little girl and so much fun.

Steven showed up late afternoon and moved a bale into the middle paddock and one for Ribbon & Eliza. He also gave Raven a square bale, Indy & Killian hay and grained all the horses. That was a huge gift, today was just so cold, the horses thank him and so do I.
Thanks Steven for all your hard work!

Phil and Anna met at the farm house after work and started removing old insulation from the attic. Once finished they came in for dinner looking like this:

Talk about an awful job. Mark is going to have new insulation blown in and the old had to come out. It was full of debris, making it not at all efficient. Thank You PHIL & ANNA, we really appreciate all you are doing to help us get this old house ready to move in.

1 comment:

  1. Why am I NOT surprised that the toy your BEAUTIFUL granddaughter is playing with is a HORSE and a TRAILER? My granddaughter plays with dolls and play houses!!! :) So guess what little Braelyn will like when she grows up?

    ReplyDelete