Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Man of His Word


The picture above was taken from just outside our door this morning. What a beautiful sunrise. We had a good walk today, standing outside shivering when finished with the exercise part but not yet done with the talking part.
Today I was suppose to stay home and clean and all was going well, as well as cleaning ever goes when the phone rang. The farmer that we were to buy 140 bales of hay from called to tell me, he is still going to be bringing me the hay but the price will be double of what he quoted us. When he was questioned more, he dropped the price down some but still almost double what he told us he would sell the hay for. When I asked him why he waited so long to tell me, now that hay is hard to find, he said, "I didn't want to give you the bad news." Earlier when I was worried about him selling the hay to someone else he told me, "I'm a man of my word, I promise I'm not going to sell it to someone else, just we are busy right now with harvest." He offered to give us the money back if we don't want the hay at that price but where can we find that much hay. Any one out there know where we can get 140 round bales? So what happened to this man of his word person? A couple years ago Horsemeister purchased some very good hay from a farmer in Farmington, IL so Off I drove to that farm. Before I reached the farm there were 3 men working on a fence line on the side of the road, I stopped and asked them if they knew of hay for sale in the area, explaining in the past hay was purchased from the farm up the road. They immediately exclaimed "you won't be buying hay from them, they shut down and the place is abandoned."
Ruth and Fede invited us to dinner tonight where she was serving (you guessed it) pork! We had pork and bean soup as a starter, then tender pork roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, jello, stew, lots of vegetables and ice cream for dessert.


Ruth had also invited 2 very special couples, one newly engaged and one newly married. After dinner we all took turns telling engagement stories. The food was delicious the fellowship fun and the evening blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment