Thursday, March 6, 2014

Fair Time

The horses loaded up great in the new trailer. There is plenty of room for even 5 horses if we had the truck to pull it. I will have to invest in a bigger truck soon. Even so I was pleased with the trip down. The truck didn't seem to have any trouble pulling the trailer with 4 horses. We followed the instructions about entering at gate 11 so they could check the coggins but there was no one around and we ended up driving all over the fair to find someone to check coggins. Unloading went well, the girls unloaded while I went to the fair office for the packets.
We had one problem the popcorn machine pops the gfi outlets. My family can solve just about any problem, Dan was called and he offered to lend us his machine. Emily took Mike's truck back to Hanna City then grabbed my car and drove to Farmington to meet Dan, loaded his popcorn machine in my car and wala we are set.
Rhoda and Sarah bathed horses while Bethany and I put the fairy lights up under the stall runners. Our stalls look professional and lovely!
Our hay was delivered by noon making 8 horses so happy. They are getting use to the stalls and starting to relax. Practice was actually kind of funny. We had reserved the livestock arena from 6:00 pm to 6:30 pm but we arrive and there is a bit machine with a lift in the middle of the arena installing the banners on the beams. No problem we deal with all kinds of equipment back home. They just did that to make us feel comfortable.
Tomorrow I'll bring the camera with me and take lots of pictures of our lovely horses and lovely riders. Right now I'm going to jump in a hot shower then crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment