Monday, June 22, 2009

Vaulting Camp Video

I got the Vaulting camp video done and uploaded it to youtube so I've included it here and also on our vaulting camp page. We are sending a copy to each camper that participated. Again I apologize for the video quality, without my good camera, I just can't take good videos.
What a busy day we had here. The heat was oppressive, in the 90s with a heat index of 110 degrees. I worked on the mare paddock here at Bridlewood. I put Ylse and Jenis in 2 of the Bridlewood stalls while I cleaned their paddock and moved in a round bale. Tyler Joos our farrier showed up at noon and he was very grateful they were not muddy. We left straight after their trim for the farm to get the horses done there. Steven Marchal (bless him) had the horses in out of the mud all tied up and waiting for Tyler. He also had Lily's stall cleaned and ready. How thankful I am for that, we were about ready to melt by the time we were done. We were so exhausted that we put Mika in with Duke instead of taking him back to the cabin. We also got Walker Sally covered, she is still in her foal heat, Steven thinks that her filly is gaited. Wouldn't that be cool I would be so temped to keep her, she looks like a purebred and can you imagine the looks riding down the trail on a GAITED FRIESIAN? We then pulled Lily and Ciera out and hosed them both off for about 10 minutes. This was Ciera's first bath and she really didn't like it but by the time we were done she was finally standing still somewhat enjoying the cool water. Lily has always loved to be hosed off. Back to Bridlewood after that and put Ylse and Jenis back in their own paddock and cleaned their stalls. I got a phone call from Heather from St. Louis she told me her Raven baby is a blue roan and she is thrilled. She is going to send me pictures for the website. This is the first blue roan colored foal Raven has thrown. The dam is a bay roan as I remember. Heather is bringing the mare back up for a re breed as soon as the filly is weaned. I think we will take our suits out to the farm this evening and when done working jump in Diane's pond. right now I need a drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment