Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Morning

We woke up this morning around 4:30, just too excited to sleep. Jumped out of bed, wrote the last blog, then headed out to call in the mares. They came running so I locked them in then checked on their water. The tank really needed cleaning but had to be emptied first then scrubbed and filled. By this time it was almost 5:30 so I left for the farm to take care of Lily and Ciera. Yesterday morning was the last time Lily's stall was cleaned, usually we do it twice a day so when I went to check her bandage, she had soiled it by laying down in a pile of manure. It is home in the washing machine right now. I'll hang it to dry before we leave for church and hopefully it will be ready for her by this afternoon. While I was giving Lily her sulpha, Ciera was running up and down the aisle way getting some exercise. Lily was fine with it until Ciera ran outside, then she started calling. Tuesday the vet comes to check Lily out and if she gives the ok, I hope to start hand grazing Lily so Ciera can get some running time outside.
Yesterday I showed the colts to a man from Chicago. He told me he wants to buy Sangria's colt and will send the deposit. I guess I'll believe it when the deposit comes. I told him, I won't mark him sold until the deposit is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment