Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Emily's Group


Emily Ricketts brought over her home schooling group for a trail ride today. I took a short video of them getting ready. Karin took them on the 'Death Trails' and all survived. Only one girl fell off and she didn't get hurt. Mike and Karin worked on the creek to make it passable for the horses and the fact that all came back means it must have worked. With Sandy out because of her stitches, Karin didn't want to use Sunny as he only behaves when he is paired with her so we were short some horses. Karin had to ride Ribbon on the trails. We also put Emily on Big Sally and both of those mares have never been on the trails. Karin had to get off and lead them through the creeks. We were pleased with how Big Sally did on the trails, we will start using her more regularly and see if she improves going through water. Ribbon is just too wide and takes up too much room.
I don't really have an update on Lily, she looks and acts the same. If anyone would like to pray for her healing, I know she (and I) could use many many prayers. I called the person buying Lady to arrange transportation and Lady will be leaving the farm on June 19th.
Jenis, Ylse, and Caspian were wormed today with Strongid. I didn't turn them out last night, I was just too tired to think about trying to get up early to call them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment