Friday, June 12, 2009

New Filly


Walker Sally had a filly this morning and all is well. The filly is pitch black, not a single white hair and has just about perfect conformation. I really can't fault this filly. I got to the farm this morning right at 6:00am and saw the filly just learning how to get up. She was a pro on figuring out where the milk was and by the time I left the farm she was nursing well. I put Sally and her newborn in the breeding mare area, just because I thought Sally would be more comfortable away from the other mares. The 2 boys were so funny, both standing together with their heads through the fence trying to get a peek at their new half sister. Lily is about the same. I cleaned her stall, fed and watered her, gave her the sulpha, changed her bandage, fly sprayed them both then left for home. I just found out Karin has some workers at the farm today, some of the vaulters can't be there tomorrow and wanted to work today so poor Karin has to be their 2 days in a row. I need to get there with my truck and trailer by noon to load for girls camp at Norris.

No comments:

Post a Comment