Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lily's Bandage

After our interrupted night's sleep we had a tough time rolling out of bed so I asked my mom to feed Lily for me so I could save some drive time. We got down to work in good time and I think we had another record as far as Bible studies returns. Eva Jean Schaefer got the last piece of mail opened by 11:20am and I still needed to enter it into the computer and print out the labels. Spark Meister, Skip Meister, Dan Meister, Breck Nelson and Mark went to lunch with us. The guys are working on a permanent rope swing for Norris, IL for the AC camps starting in 2 weeks and wanted to talk it over at lunch. I drove home to wait for Lily's bandage which was suppose to be here by 1:00pm and I waited and waited. I finally called Fedex and they agreed it was suppose to be delivered and they can't get hold of the driver but would keep working on it. I was worried about LIly running out of water so hired Bethany to walk over and feed and water her until I could get there. The bandage finally got here at 4:20pm and I watched the dvd that came with it and rushed out to the farm. Lily was contentedly munching away and all of her water buckets were filled to the brim so THANK YOU BETHANY! The bandage is almost too small and I really struggled to get it on correctly. I will have to change it twice a day so until I get used to doing it I may want help. Lily saw me coming with her tube of sulpha and started backing up. She really didn't want that but she did stand for it once she was at the back of the stall. Ciera has a patch of hair rubbed off on her neck. I can't figure out where she did it or how but it probably happened during the storm last night. I couldn't believe the lightning and thunder. The strikes were close and soooo loud. By the time I got home from the farm, Sarah had dinner all ready. THANK YOU SARAH!
Mark and I are heading out to keep splitting the wood for winter tonight, hope we get the pile finished so I can unhook the tractor and put the round bale spear back on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment