Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Our Visitor


Last night around 1:00am a bat came flying into our bedroom. It swooped around a couple of times then I heard it land and unfortunately it sounded like it landed on or around the headboard of our bed. There was just a very quiet flutter as it landed and I was tempted to just fall back asleep but the last time we had a bat come in and I didn't get up, the next morning when I went to turn off the alarm clock, the bat came flying out at me from behind the alarm. So I quietly said Mark's name to see if he was awake and he answered me. I told him I thought a bat had landed near our heads and he didn't react so I just scooted down toward the bottom of the bed to try to fall back asleep. I noticed Mark also moved down toward the bottom of the bed but then both of our legs were hanging off the bed. Finally Mark got up and turned on the lights and I looked for the bat. No luck but at least by then we knew it wasn't near our heads so we plumped up our pillows and went back to sleep.
Diane is feeding Lily for me to save me a second trip out to the barn. I have to be there at 11:30am to lunge for Sarah for vaulting. Karin is going to help me load 2 horses to bring into Bridlewood after vaulting, then I'll ask mom to feed Lily tonight so I don't have to drive out after church. Lily's incision is not draining as much and last night when I was changing the bandage I couldn't even squeeze much pus out. Funny story, mom got me some very large Attends at a garage sale yesterday to try on the bandage. Ruth came over last night and mom told her the Attends were for Lily. She just couldn't figure out how I was going to get them on her or why. I need Autumn here, we are hauling her to Indiana to be bred to Keegan the sire of her last colt. I need to leave around 5:30am to get back in time so it saves me quite a bit of time to have Autumn here instead of driving the wrong direction out to the lake and then back tracking. Lady leaves on Friday for her new home and I might as well bring her in with Autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment