Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Is This Love?

I don't know why but after driving to the farm this morning, cleaning Lily's stall, changing her bandage, feeding and watering, I was wondering why do I do this year after year. I use to work this hard so my daughters could compete but both are now grown and don't have much time for the horses. I guess I'm just getting old. Today I am discouraged. I really shouldn't be, Lily is holding her own but really, is it worth it. Life would be very simple, easy and MUCH less expensive if I didn't have any animals. Then I remember the joy they give and yes, they are really worth it. Our dogs throughout the past have given us unconditional love, our horses are always glad to see us, in fact they leave their hay for some petting. They never criticize, they are always happy to see us even when we are carrying bridles.
I stopped at the bank on the way back and got the $140.00 for the vaulter's. They are taking a clinic with Jeff Moore. Jeff Moore is the Olympic vaulting coach so we have to take advantage of learning from him when he is here. I also gave Karin $400.00 so far for the new vaulting surcingle. We still owe her $425.00 but we have made a great start on paying for it. I hooked up the trailer for Karin, she will have to drive, I am singing at a funeral so won't get to go to this clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment