Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday, June16th, 2009

I was suppose to sleep in today, no mares to call in and Steven Marchal was going to take care of Lily but I still wake up at 5:00am. Bother!!! I really wanted to just relax in bed, instead I start thinking of all that should be done so might as well get up.
I got to work an hour early and was able to get about75 pieces of mail processed, then drove down to TEMCO to pick up the new mail and back to Meister Bros in plenty of time. Eva Jean didn't realize I had come in early and didn't think there was that much to do, wait until she gets them home and starts putting the labels on, she will be surprised how long it takes. While at work, Dr. Hoerr called to tell me that he inseminated another mare from the collection. He thought he was only going to be inseminating 3 but a 4th mare was in and the semen is such good quality he got the 4th done this morning. He has another collection scheduled around the 4th of July.
Steven spent some time with Ciera today teaching her how to lead. Because of Lily being stalled 24 hours a day, poor Ciera never gets outside. Sally's filly is just beautiful. I really need to get some pictures of her on the website. She has filled out nicely and really does look like a purebred Friesian. Comparing her to the pictures of purebred fillies from last year we can't tell the difference. Who ever buys her is going to be thrilled. She will have the look, the hair and the disposition, what more could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment