Sunday, June 7, 2009

New Family Addition


OK, I'm going to confess, I made lasagna for dinner last night. Any one in our family knows what that means, if I invite people over, then tell them I'm serving lasagna it means there is going to be an engagement announcement. My son David has been living in Mexico at an orphanage just shy of 2 years. He asked for Stephanie Regeer from Princeville, IL and she said "YES"! Their story is too long for me to write but the highlights:
David and Stephanie were in the same wedding 2 years ago and that's when he first really noticed her.
When it came time to pray for a wife, he couldn't get Stephanie out of his mind.
He went back and forth about asking for her as he has not spent any time with her.
Finally he had a dream where she told him, "it is ok, you can ask for me."
When Stephanie got the proposal she told her elder that she would like to meet with him in person before giving her answer.
David flew up from Mexico 2 weeks ago on a Monday, met with Stephanie, then flew back on Wednesday.
Stephanie said YES.
They will be announced in Peoria, Princeville, and Madalena today.
Now for my dinner. I had enough but barely. At least everyone got first. Next time I will prepare much more. 5 pans of lasagna 10 loaves of avanti's bread, a huge salad, 10, 2 liters of soda, 8 big bottles of water, 2 pounds of butter, 3 tubs of ice cream, a cheese cake, a big bowl of berries, a chocolate cake, and a big sheet cake. the only thing left is some of the sheet cake.
We all had a GREAT time. I posted a picture of the happy couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment