Friday, June 5, 2009

Guardian Angels

This morning after graining and fussing over the horses I have here, I ran out to the farm to take care of Lily and join the walkers. Today I was a little more organized and was on my way home by 8:15. I worked on the house for an hour, then ran down to the shop to prepare a Bible for a man that is in the hospital. I got that delivered by 1:00, just walked in the door when Cathie called that the boys from the orphanage boys from Guardian Angels were here. She had 5 horses prepared and was giving a talk on them by the time I got out there. She had me in charge of Henry an older TB gelding and a boy named John. I could not convince John to get on Henry so we put him away and went to look at one of the foals I had here, then I introduced him to Darcy and had her do a few tricks for him. We pulled out the old cotton candy machine and made cotton candy for John and the rest of the boys. By the time we finished with the cotton candy, John was ready to try getting on Henry. As soon as he was sitting on him, he wanted to get off, he said that Henry was just too tall and he wanted to try Honey, Sasha Trent's little 12 hand pony. So while the other boys were learning how to lead, he was riding Honey around. By the time he was done he was feeling much braver and helped Cathie clean out Joker's hooves. John was feeling pretty proud so we had Darcy come out to meet the boys and show everyone how she would shake John's hand and whisper to him. It was a very successful outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment