Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Good News Bad News

Today Dr. Hoerr and Dr. Pallen came to the farm and I got both good news and bad news. The good news is that Lady and Big Sally are in foal. The bad news is that Lily's abdominal wall is breaking down and she is now developing a hernia. I am very frustrated with this. If I had been told that this could happen, I think I would have tried harder to clear the impaction another way. I wasn't able to be at the farm, I work on Tuesdays and was in a meeting when Dr. Pallen called. Thank goodness for Steven Marchal. He had all the mares in and ready for the vets. Kate Johnson brought her black Arabian mare in for breeding today, then she decided she wanted her gray mare also bred and she wants on site AI. Dr. Hoerr gave her shots for both mares to get them cycling together that way he only has to collect the stallion once to inseminate both mares at the same time. Talk about an easy way to collect a stud fee, there is almost no work for us AI. Dr. Hoerr does all the work.
Tonight after work, I had to clean up and head to Princeville, IL for VBS. The Bible class was doing a service project and wrapped Bibles for me. They got almost 6 boxes wrapped, which is really wonderful as I had NONE left. I typed up a bunch of request today and had no way to fill them. I can't work tomorrow, we have a group of home schoolers coming out to the farm to ride in the morning and a man coming down from Chicago around noon to see Sangria's colt.

No comments:

Post a Comment