Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tail Gate vs Bedding

I had to drive to TSC to pick up more grain, salt blocks and bedding but when I asked for the bedding they said they didn't have any to sell, only 2 pallets for Bridlewood. So I headed back to the barn to unload a bag of grain here for the 2 Friesian mares and Cathie was working on the green barn. I told her that TSC wouldn't sell me any bedding but they had 2 pallets down there for her. She said I could buy it from them if I would go down and pick up a pallet. I jumped in the truck and headed right down. Barb at TSC loaded it for me but when I tried to shut the tail gate, the pallet was in the way. Barb told me don't worry about it, it is so heavy it isn't going any where. I guess I wanted to believe her but really knew in my heart I shouldn't. Any way I'm creeping home, got all the way down Garden to Larmie, had to go up a small incline onto Larmie and dumped the entire load in the middle of the road. Not only did I have to try to clean up bags of spilled bedding on a busy road but my tail gate is ruined. I can't believe how fast I was able to load an entire load of 40 pound bags of bedding into my pickup truck while cars and trucks are flying around me. This is the most expensive 10 bags of bedding I've ever purchased. hmmm how do I tell my tax man that the price of the tail gate really is completely tax deductible as it is bedding for my sick horse. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment