Thursday, June 11, 2009

Piper, Big Sally's Colt


Well Mike named Big Sally's colt Piper. Emily rode Big Sally on the trail ride yesterday so I took some video of them to get Piper on youtube. It turned out ok, I wish he would have showed off his big trot but he just wanted to canter. I took this AFTER the trail ride. Piper went through all the creeks, up and down the hills and stayed right with his mom, so it was a success. Piper is for sale, we are asking $4500.00 for him BUT if he is purchased before he is weaned we will take $500.00 OFF his price. Reserve him now with a $500.00 deposit and only pay $3500.00 once weaned in September.
Today I didn't get to the farm until close to 7:30am and Lily was HUNGRY. She thought I'd forgotten about her as I made her wait an extra 15 minutes for her hay. Mom came over and visited with me while I was cleaning her stall and changing her bandage. I will probably have to take it home and wash it again tonight. Raven was waiting for his grain so when I went to get it, I realized a mouse had eaten a hole in the bag. I knew I should have put it in the metal garbage can I have for grain but I was being lazy. Someone 'helped' me by filling it with garbage so I didn't take the time to empty it. NOW it was a must do and the grain is again in the garbage can. When I was ready to leave the farm, I couldn't see any of the horses, they were all way in the back pasture behind the pond. Of course I couldn't leave without checking on them so hiked all the way back through the mud and mud we have, it rained quite a bit last night. By the time I checked everyone they all followed me back to the gate. Hind sight, I should have just called to them, they probably would have all come running. Oh well, I can use the exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment