Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hot Humid and More Hot

This morning around 6:00am I went out to call in the mares. They were actually in the paddock waiting for me. That wasn't bad and they had not left any manure piles by the barn so I didn't go looking for any. I drove to the farm around 7:00am kind of discouraged. Lily was waiting for me and she is still draining pus and I remembered that I hadn't given her any antibiotic yesterday. Today has been a month since her surgery and things should be on the mend but they are not. The stall was pretty easy to clean, Steven had done a great job yesterday on it. I wasn't done when I heard the walkers, I really wasn't going to go with them, I needed to be at work by 8:30 but I just couldn't resist. Ruth was there along with Joan, Rachel, Diane and mom. We had a good walk-n-talk, but Rachel left to get the Kubota and Joan a shovel then met us on the dam of the lake. There was a HUGE and I mean Huge dead grass carp. It was taller than Gabriel, Joan's son. Joan put it in the bucket of the Kubota and Rachel drove it way back into the woods and dumped it. The smell was worse than anything I've ever smelled, if I had already eaten breakfast, it would have come up, as it was, I was gagging. When I got back to the barn I had to hustle to get everything done and barely made it home by 8:30 to get to work on time. I'm thankful for AIR CONDITIONING in my car!
The company of family and friends reminds me how much I have to be thankful for and how unnecessary it is to be discouraged. Karin called while I was at work to ask me to please take off of the vaulting camp page about her being the best instructor EVER! I will but she really is a great instructor and that shouldn't have bothered her. She wanted to stress that our camp is for beginners (I thought that was obvious and didn't need to be stated).
I'm typing this in my nice air conditioned office, I wish I could figure out how to air condition the barn or at least the stalls. Poor Lily and Ciera. I've got 2 ceiling fans and one box fan in her stall. I'm going to bring another box fan and stick it in the other window to try to draw the hot air out.
Steven emailed with some name suggestions for Sally's filly. I really like Carra meaning friendly but I think I want to spell and pronounce it Kara. I was thinking of staying with names beginning with C this year so I guess I'll take more time thinking about her name. One of his other suggestions that I really liked was Chloe.

No comments:

Post a Comment