Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday a Day of Rain?


We woke up this morning to a gentle rain fall. It was soft and would soak into the ground EXCEPT the ground is completely saturated. We are starting to think about ordering lumber to build an Ark. The mares didn't get called in until close to 6:30am, I just didn't want to get out of bed. Poor Lily didn't get fed until 7:00am. By the time all was done at the farm it was 7:45am. Really should have gotten up earlier now there is only an hour before we leave for church.
Thinking about yesterday, there was just so much to be thankful for. Most of all the VAULTING TEAM which put so much energy and time into this camp. The place looked lovely thanks to you guys. No one got hurt, YEAH!!! The camp was a success and Karin has some great ideas about next year. Diane, thanks so much for the use of your house and pond. The water was so refreshing and the diving board is such a hit with the kids. Your pedal pusher boat is great fun and just relaxing on a raft in cool water on a hot day is a foretaste of heaven. The picture I uploaded is 3 of our campers working on their Kur idea on the barrel. We will see the Wisconsin team in Belvidere at the Northern IL Horse Fest in August. They are putting together a team to perform a Kur there. The Wisconsin kids also ride in one of the many drill teams so they will be busy.
I've continued this post at 3:00pm: After church Mark and I drove out to the farm, me to meet Holly Hinton as her paint mare was in a standing heat and ready to be bred and Mark to get some tools to work on our mailbox here at Bridlewood. Holly was already at the farm by the time we got there, her mare was ready and within a few minutes she was bred and Holly was taking her back home. I think it has been raining all day again but we had a small break in the rain just when we needed it. I still got muddy but oh well we got the job done. I fed Lily a little early and filled all of her water buckets. Lily just kept staring at the door asking me to PLEASE take her outside for grass, I just didn't have time, because of Fathers day. She has not improved but I also don't think she has gotten worse with the belly band off. I think I'm going to start removing the staples my self on Tuesday. I'll start with the back and only leave staples in where she is still draining. We are heading to Red Lobster for dinner and will be leaving from Bridlewood at 4:00. I missed a phone message about a lady from Kansas that wants to breed her mares. I'm assuming this will be shipped semen, pretty far to drive but we have had people drive all the way from Idaho so I never make the assumption, I just let the customer choose. There may be a reason they want live cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment