Thursday, December 6, 2018

Festival of Lights

Right after the walk I went to work outside. Zalena's colt was brought inside and given his grain in the stall while I moved a new bale in for him.  Jewel's filly was brought inside to clean up for big trip to her new home on Saturday.  With our crazy weather this week,  the blizzard, then heavy rains then the tornado everything is muddy including the weanlings. I took 3 buckets of hot water and numerous rags and did my best cleaning up her legs and tail. Her belly I will just have to leave muddy. It is much to cold to get her wet there. I brought the propane heater inside then had to move it and got just a little too close singeing off some of my hair. We had snow again today while I was working outside and below freezing temperatures. By the time I finished it was late, so late that Karin arrived to work horses. I just sat and watched her work Galena while sitting next to the heater in the indoor arena. She worked with the other 3 mares too but I had to go get dry clothes on and pick up Braelyn, Taegan and Kensley for our outing tonight.
Mark and I took the big van with those girls to East Peoria where we met Sarah and Nolan. They had Zion, Israel and Elisabet with them. We ate dinner first at Chick-fil-a letting the grandchildren play on that indoor play place while waiting for the food.  Anna and Phil met us. They had been working on their East Peoria house getting it ready to either rent or sell.
After everyone had their fill of food and fun we loaded into the big van for the trip to the Festival of Lights. Nolan drove as he grew up in the area and knows it well.  We thought the van was loud with excited voices but when we reached the lights the noise level rose by 100 % and what was funny was Elisabet was the loudest, repeating everything the others saw at the top of her lungs. She was so excited. Below are a few pictures.









If you would like to see the rest of the pictures of the lights click HERE. There were many more lights than the pictures posted. I highly recommend going. It is $10.00 a car load and they give each in the car a free candy cane.  

No comments:

Post a Comment