Tuesday, March 28, 2017

It's a GIRL

Anna delivered a big black beautiful filly around 3:40 am.

The baby is strong and struggled to her feet soon after birth. Anna is such a great mom, she knew exactly what to do. I was watching on the monitor but by the time I realized I'd better head up to the barn if I wanted to catch this birth I was too late. At least I could dry her off and do some imprinting.


Thankful for a safe delivery and a strong filly. When I left the barn at 4:30 am she was rooting around in the right spot. Watching on the monitor I'm pretty sure she is finding the milk. The stalls were cleaned and it is time to get some much needed sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Such an amazing, beautiful thing to see. How wonderful! I'm so thankful for a safe delivery (I bet Anna is too, she was huge!) and a healthy filly. Can't wait to watch her as she grows up. Keep those photos coming!

    ReplyDelete