Sunday, February 15, 2015

Indy & Star

This morning as soon as it was light outside I made my way out to check Indy and Star, the pregnant mares who are next due to foal. Star is due in 9 days and Indy is due March 11th.
Star delivered 2 days early last year and her udder still isn't filling. This is Indy's first foal and her udder this morning had filled up some during the night and there was a drop of colostrum on the tip of one of her teats.
Both mares were taken inside for the day. Not that I thought they would foal but if they did, it was so bitter cold the foal would not survive.  We left for church this morning before 8:00 am and had an wonderful day in church. Craig Stickling had the morning service and since Valentine's day was yesterday his sermon was on Love reading first in Genesis chapter 24 where Abraham's servant is sent to find a wife for Isaac and the second opening was 1 Corinthians 13 the love chapter. It was a pretty amazing sermon best summed up that true love beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things and endureth all things.
After the morning service we had a special Valentines lunch where the men served the women. One funny item to report was we women didn't quite fill up all the tables, David Obergfel announced that the elderly men should sit down and no one moved, then he said, "ok anyone over 60" and Fedi went right over to the table. Now everyone knows Fedi isn't anywhere near 60 and the sound of chuckling was heard throughout the lunch room. We have such a great church.
Greg Rumbold was the speaker for the afternoon service opening first to Psalm 24 and every time that Psalm is read the song, The Carpenter's Son starts running through my mind. At the end of that Psalm the question is asked " Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.  Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, HE is the King of glory. and of course my mind finishes it with, the little boy from the carpenter's shop.
After church Mark helped move 2 round bales in the middle paddock. Jenis was fed then put into the middle paddock with Eliza and Ayanna. Indy and Star were allowed out for the rest of the afternoon but Emily will put them back in the stall tonight.
We had some of the family over for dinner tonight and after dinner Phil and Anna went over to their new house to clean up some of the construction mess. Kensley was taking a nap while Braelyn and Taegan were playing quietly on my bed with a doll, putting her to sleep then waking her up. Soon Braelyn came out with my Sunday blouse on carrying my best Sunday skirt. I thought, aw how cute, about then Kensley woke up so I went upstairs to get her. When I came down the stairs I smelled bleach. It took my mind a minute to process, Braelyn must be spraying the bleach cleaner and the next was oh no she is wearing my Sunday clothes. I went running into the kitchen and found the skirt on the floor. She has sprayed bleach cleaner all over the floor in puddles. The skirt was picked up and the blouse was taken off her quickly. Now my next thought was Diane is going to be so happy if these are ruined. My family are all sick of seeing my Sunday clothes every week. Well I don't know how or why but the clothes were spared, not a single drop of bleach got on either piece. Sorry Diane they are probably good for another 10-15 years.
Gail Hodel sent through a couple items for the Berean blog and  Berean Facebook page.
The first is a request form sent in by a prisoner. When we read this we all started laughing.
The name has been blotted out but hopefully it can still be read, if not this is what the prisoner is requesting.  Can I please get a different conditioner... Not the M.O.P. kind. It makes my head itch bad.  Also need pencil and eraser and if possible a valentines card for a six yr. old girl (granddaughter) and one for my daughter also.  God Bless and Thank you. And a get out of jail free card if you have one of those... LOL :o)
Nice to see there is still a sense of humor when one is locked up. The second is a poem that was written and read by a prisoner today in the Sunday jail service. Gail writes: Author read this today. She started crying while she read it. Very touching. 
This says: I Don’t ever want to see the inside
Of these walls again
So I’ll say to you
See  you later my sister
See you later my friend

This is not good by no
But something I need to do.
So Lord here is my hand
I want to be made brand new

Make me brand new Lord
I need a new way
Open my eyes Lord, to a brighter Day
Fill me with your Holy Spirit Lord
And show me the way

Make me brand New Lord
Please here what I say
I surrender I submit
To your will Lord and your way
So make me brand new
Right now here today
AMEN


No comments:

Post a Comment