Sunday, September 7, 2014

Truth

 Today Tim Roecker had the morning service and Dave Obgerfel had the afternoon. As I sit here thinking about both sermons today my mind  is  reminding me how short life really is, how everything we strive for, everything we think we own, everything we try to accumulate will be passed along to the next generation and the next and the next. It was good to be there. We also learned of truth. It made me think, Is truth still true if exaggerated just a little?
One very encouraging thing for me happened while singing. I could sing, that is mostly could sing. Ever since the shingles struck months ago it didn't just give me pain and a rash, somehow my voice box was damaged. What came out when I would try to sing was so bad that if mom would sit on the bench next to me she would burst out laughing. I could no longer sing at funerals, trying to sing at choir was a joke but today most of the notes that were coming out were the correct notes.
After church we stopped at Sam's for a few groceries for the dinner tonight. Phil, Anna, Braelyn, Taegan and Sarah came for the afternoon. After supper Lola was brought out and teased.
She showed so was covered by Valiant then she and her colt were taken over to the cabin field. Jenis is also showing, she was covered by Evan then put in Evan's paddock. We have not been able to get her to conceive and are hoping for a miracle. Just maybe if she lives with Evan something good will happen. We have had her cultured, flushed, infused, cultured again, infused again, flushed and really don't know what else to try other than prayer and prayer is probably something I should have done FIRST. Jenis doesn't like being a mother anyway but her foals were always the best of the foals each year.
Karin helped bring Eliza and Tryn over for a short video for Tryn's owner then those two were left in the big field to graze. Eliza is such a wonderful mare, after supper I just took the golf cart to the edge of the field and called and she came running. She was glad to head back to the cabin field with Soul and Lola. Those 3 foals are cute playing together.
The volley ball court had some new players tonight mixed in with the usual. They were entertaining to watch. It was a beautiful day, perfect weather, bright sunshine, low humidity and cool temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment