Monday, June 20, 2011

Bitterness vs Forgiveness

We have over 100 people in our family, for years we have loved each other, prayed for each other and wanted the best for one another. My family means more to me than anything other than our Creator and Lord, yet lately bitterness has crept in which not only makes for division and heartache it also takes me out of the will of my God. Bitterness is only hurting me, the one who allows this feeling to dwell in my heart. It is like eating poison slowly, it doesn't hurt the one I feel bitterness against it only sickens me, the one who holds the bitterness. So I give everything over to God, He knows 100% what the future holds. He tells me in His Word I am to love. I am to love my enemies, I am to love my friends, I am to love my family, I am to love the unlovely. I am commanded to do good to those who don't deserve good.
If I need to choose between bitterness or forgiveness, I choose to lose the bitterness, I choose to forgive, I choose to love, after-all God loved me enough to send Jesus to DIE for me, He forgave me how can I not choose to forgive.

No comments:

Post a Comment