Tuesday, November 18, 2014

What IS It

Darcy came to our bedroom door this morning at 4:45 to tell me something. Once I stumbled out of bed to let her outside I found out that was NOT what she wanted to tell me. The food bowl and water bowl were checked all both had plenty. Darcy was told to go back to bed and so did I and stayed there until the coffee maker made that heavenly little it's finished beeping sound at 5:15 am.
Drinking my morning coffee while sitting at the computer checking emails Darcy came to the doorway of the room, looked at me, whined then walk all the way around the outside of the room and doing what I thought was trying not to step on the new rug Mark purchased a few weeks ago. She stood over by the chair in the corner looking at me. Now that's scary. What in the world could be on the rug that Darcy doesn't want to step on? If Darcy doesn't want to step on the rug I SURELY don't want to step on the rug! The lights were turned on to check. We had been puppy sitting for Rhoda and my first thought was maybe the puppy left a little surprise. The only object on the rug was a dog toy the puppy had been playing with earlier.
Now she had me curious, the middle of the rug was checked over inch by inch to see if there was a damp spot but there really wasn't anything except a some dog hairs. First one corner of the rug was pulled back to see if anything had soaked in and dried but nope all was well, but when I went to pull the far left hand corner back I discovered exactly why Darcy was upset. Sure enough the puppy had left us a little surprise and Darcy had walked right over to where it was to tell me there was a problem here. Bad puppy! She had been put out last night but refused to go in the cold then bad me as I didn't crate her. She was all curled up sharing Emma's bed last night when I went to bed and I didn't have the heart to lock her up. Darcy is such an old lady, Sarah told me she reminds us of grandma, if there is a problem it needs to be taken care of NOW!
The missing halter was never missing. Mike had removed it. He checks over the halters and will remove them if they are not fitting properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment