Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Truck Driving

No walk this morning it rained and rained. We had 4 inches in a 24 hour time period. It stopped this afternoon but started again this evening. Diane, Eva Jean and I really got a lot done today, having that 3rd person means I won't have to go in on Thursday. After work, the first stop was TSC where 10 bags of bedding and 4 bags of grain were purchased and thrown in the car, then a stop at Aldi for groceries. Rhoda was here cleaning out the trailer by the time I made it back to the farm. She checked out Eliza's colt and the first thing she told me was, "you can sure tell he is a Raven son!"  He is just so calm and curious. There really IS a difference. Karin arrived to admire him and offered to go with Rhoda to Bloomington to pick up Mark's dad's old table now that Ben and Taunya are done with it. Rhoda called just after she arrived to report the truck broke down. It would need to be towed. I had to drive down to Meister's to borrow the old truck which was hooked up to the dump trailer and parked in the middle of a huge puddle. The only way in without sinking up to my ankles was to climb in through the passenger side. The dump trailer was backed and unhooked then off I started for Bloomington but had to stop at a gas station right away. It was so empty that the cost hit $100.00 then the gas pump turned off. The tow truck driver had already arrived and had the truck loaded before I finally got to Ben and Taunya's.
It didn't take long to hook the Meister Heating truck up to the trailer and head home.
The trailer was unhooked and back to Meister's to pick up my car.  I felt like I was on the road all afternoon. Joan invited everyone over to celebrate Tim's 50th birthday. It is really on Thursday but Joan leaves tomorrow for Haiti.
Mark was really helpful by feeding and watering Eliza. Tomorrow I'll have to get some pictures of her colt for the website. The grumbling of distant thunder tonight is just a bit discouraging. Here it comes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment