Saturday, May 27, 2023

Too Tired

 Before heading over to mom's this morning Rosaleigh and her colt were put out in the field. The colt decided not to follow his mom and took off running up and down the drive for a while, when he finally decided it was time to join his mother he stood at the gate and waited for me to open it. 

I needed to be at mom's at 8:15 am but when I arrived Karin had not finished breakfast so I ran back to the house to get a few more things done before heading back over. While Karin was emptying the dishwasher a red headed woodpecker arrived.
Then a couple of humming birds. I took some of the video below from the kitchen table and the rest sitting outside on the deck with mom.
At 9:00 am both the man delivering the 5th wheel and the man coming to pick up the sport court tiles sent messages that they would be here at 9:15 am. Anna came to stay with mom while I took the golf cart down to the road to meet the  man with the 5th wheel as he arrived first. That went well, he showed me how everything worked, set it up for us but we could not plug it in, this 5th wheel had a 50 amp cord and we only have a 30 amp receptacle. Mark was able to order an adapter but that won't be here for a while. We will also need to order a short water hose and a long sewer hose. The man coming for the Sport Court tiles was able to back his trailer next to the door and his 3 grandchildren helped him load. They both ended up leaving about the same time too. I made it back to mom's in time to sit outside. Anna and Phil were here painting most of the day but took some time off to swim with their girls. At 2:00 pm I left mom's to help Mark look for the extension cords for the camper. I ended up ordering a deluxe waterproof mattress pad and 2 sets of sheets each with 4 pillow cases. I will need to pick up more pillows and bedding for the two full size beds and the one bunk bed. We worked on that for a few hours. Below are a few pictures of the camper. The master bedroom is roomy well designed with plenty of closet space, drawers and cupboards. It even has a cubby hole with an outlet for an alarm clock by the bed.

The kitchen has a nice big sink, microwave, oven, stove top and a big 2 way fridge.
The dinette folds down for sleeping for 2 children or 1 adult and the couch is an airbed hideabed which is very comfortable. 
Above is the living area and below is the bunk room with its own bathroom. The pull out couch is also a full size airbed and the top bunk folds up when it is not needed.
The light door is the bathroom. There is a skylight in there which makes the room bright.
We are very happy with this purchase. I needed to go to Aldi for food for tomorrow's meal and also bought something for Phil and Anna's girls as Phil and Anna finished the painting then put together the cupboards for the kitchen.


Anna told me tomorrow after church they are going to buy the appliances.  Mark and I went over after supper to see the progress. Yesterday they along with Rhoda, Lee, Sarah and Nolan were also working upstairs so we went up to see that.
It is really coming together nicely. We needed to move in a couple bales in the middle paddock. Both shelters got a bale.
The horses came right up to start eating on them.
Jewel's udder was checked before we left there. The evening was so nice I wanted to take the golf cart through the trails Mark worked on today. We enjoyed our little jaunt.
I decided since we now have 3 rentals for guests at the farm I would make a page for that and post that page here. There is a link to the left but for an easy way to see these 3 places click HERE. Zion, Iris and Eden  had their recital tonight. I missed it! The girls sent a picture and video. 
That was so cute.
It is late and I just can't make myself do the dishes. Those will need to wait until tomorrow. Mark is already in bed and I can't wait to join him. I'm tired, but not too tired to make the coffee for tomorrow. 













No comments:

Post a Comment