Monday, May 29, 2023

Jewel Delivers

 I went out to check horses about 6:00 am this morning and saw Jewel laying down. She was in the process of delivering a nice big colt. Once he was getting ready to stand I drove back down to grab my phone. He is really tall but figured out pretty quickly where the milk bar was located. 

After he nursed well, Jewel and her colt were brought into a stall. It is just going to be too hot today to leave them out plus Jewel hasn't delivered the  placenta yet. He was pretty tired after getting him in the stall and picked a nice soft place in the pile of hay to lay down. Smart baby! Below he was getting ready to lay down.

After about 10 minutes he decided to get back up and nurse again. That milk is good and he is hungry.
We love hearing that sucking sound with a new foal.
I have them on the monitor so I can watch during the day. I need to be at mom's by 8:00 am and still need to make breakfast for Mark and I so it is past time to get to work. 







No comments:

Post a Comment