Sunday, May 14, 2023

Mother's Day

 Crazy how fast the years are flying by. Another Mother's day is now over and thankfully we still have our mama. Karin started the glamor shots this morning sending us all the picture below of our own Mrs. America, our mom, all dressed up for church, although Karin had stolen mom's Mrs. America crown.

Joan went over and was next in line. No crowns in that picture.
When Diane arrived for her glamor shot, she had no idea that Karin had slipped the crown back on mom's head.
On the way out to the barn this morning I stopped to take a picture of the flowers.
Such beauty for this Sunday.  Mark and I had just come in from moving a bale in for Evan and when I removed the net wrap from around the bale of course hay landed in my hair. So seeing those pictures I texted back that I would be right over but was wearing my own crown. I thought they would realize that was a joke (hay as my crown) but Joan called about then as she and mom were getting ready to get in the car for church to ask "was I really coming for a picture?" Hay really isn't very glamorous so turned them down. We arrived at church before Joan got there with mom but after Ruth had arrived. Ruth took the picture below of  the 4 beautiful ladies. 
Mike Kaisner had the Mother's day message and started with Hannah's story. That is such a special story, she is accused by Eli of being drunk when she is praying for a child, then when she explains Eli tells her to go in peace that God heard her prayer and she does. She conceives and has Samuel. At weaning she takes Samuel back to the temple to lend him to the Lord and tells Eli, "For this child I prayed." God blesses her with 3 sons and 2 daughters, just like us. You see when I was expecting our third child, for the first time in Peoria our OB was offering an ultrasound to see if we were expecting a son or a daughter.  I found out that we were expecting a son and I was so glad, we named him after Jacob's beloved son and I started praying for him then.   He was such an easy baby and a child that was just plain good.  So many times I would remind myself, "For this child I prayed!" It wasn't that I didn't love our other two sons, and later our two daughters, I really did but it was wonderful to have a name for our baby months before we even met him. One really funny thing happed at the last prayer for this service.  Craig Stickling asked Mike Rieker to have that prayer, there was quite a hesitation then Craig sheepishly got up and said, Mike is actually sitting in the balcony. The entire congregation started laughing. Then Craig said, "someone will bring the microphone up to you."  Not sure who did the running but whoever did had to have been out of breath as that is a lot of steps and it didn't take long for Mike to get the microphone. Of course at lunch we had to tease Mike about getting caught sitting up in the balcony. Mike told us since he was 11 years old he can't get away with anything and that he hadn't sat up in the balcony for maybe 10 years.  We all laughed again. After lunch Fedi and Ken came walking up with their canes, much fancier than mine. 
David had the afternoon message. This is a message no one should miss Click HERE to watch and listen. As we had our Mother's day celebration on Friday today after church was an easy relaxing truly day of rest. We got a half inch of rain in a very short time just before our supper of left over steaks. 




No comments:

Post a Comment