Thursday, May 25, 2023

No Chairs

 I went out first thing to check on Madiera's colt after that trauma from last night. He was sound asleep at the bottom of the paddock and Madiera was standing over him. They were moved into the far paddock.

He jumped right up, shook his head and went over to nurse. The sun just reached Madiera in the picture below but I must have moved the phone as this one was blurry.
My next job before the walk was to let the other mares and foals out to graze. They went right into the tall grass to start eating the seed heads. That is Tatiana and her filly in the picture below.
Her filly came over to check out the golf cart.
The grass is so tall I couldn't see Irish's colt but he is in there.
Rosaleigh and her colt were over by the building. After the walk I drove up to the apartment to make sure the floor was swept and took a few more pictures of Madiera and her colt since they were up at the front of the paddock. Maidiera was given her grain.
He is doing well. I needed to leave the house about 9:45 am for Rhoda and My appointment at the pedicure place but had to stop for gas first. The Prius was showing empty and I had already driven 446 miles. 
It took just a tad over 9 gallons to fill it up. All the girls bought this pedicure for a Mother's day gift but today only Rhoda and  I could make it.
Most of this was enjoyable but when they brought out the vegetable grater I got a little worried. 
Oh the things we do for beauty! It isn't for the faint of heart.
As soon as I got home and changed I went to work cleaning the 5th wheel to get it ready for the guests coming in tomorrow. The last renter left around noon but really left everything nice. The tanks were emptied the laundry started and while the machines were running I took the golf cart over to the wood pile, loaded up enough wood for our guests for a few days, brought out 6 chairs and 4 hot dog sticks and the fire pit. Once everything was done I rested. I turned on AC Central and listened to Fred Witzig and wouldn't you know the beginning on that was to feast, rest and worship.  It was a really good sermon, if you would like to listen to it click HERE. Washington doesn't have the video service but I'm glad they have audio. After that was done supper was started by deboning chicken and making chicken salad. Mark was happy that was ready when he got home as he didn't have a big lunch today.  Joan, Mackenson and Berlica came with the mowers and got all the mowing done today. The place always looks nice when that gets done.  Marilyn arrived from Arizona. Marilyn sold us the farm and we were pleased to see her again. This evening I've been chatting with my new friend from Walmart. At least he says he is SO glad to chat with me. The 2 rocking camping chairs I ordered from Walmart never arrived. I got a notice they were delivered at 2:00 pm on May 23rd but I was home then and they never arrived. I went to all the neighbors but no one had them.  I tried to contact Walmart then but they made me wait for 2 days. I tried again this morning around 6:00 am (aren't all those chat people from India?) and the guy chatting then told me I had to wait until after 8:00 pm tonight. Walmart will not send me more chairs but will send a refund for the two that never arrived. 















No comments:

Post a Comment