Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Madiera's Brand New Colt by Valiant SOLD

 A surprise was waiting this morning up at the barn. I did not check udders last night, just cleaned up and went to bed. When I arrived to check on the mares, there were an extra set of legs. Madiera had a tall, strong black colt by her side. I left them, met at the dumpster for our walk and during the walk asked for help to move them into a stall. Ruth led Madiera while Diane and I followed behind the colt, he needed a little help getting through the barn door and into the stall. Joan pulled the placenta out of the paddock. That was complete. We finished our walk then I went back up to the barn to get iodine on his cord. He is a friendly fellow and let me do this with much of a fuss. He laid down for a nap but after about 10 minutes wanted to get up and nurse.


I pulled him away from the wall and he got right up. Below is a short video.

After he nursed a few pictures were taken for the website.



He has no white markings. He will be registered and dna'd in the Warlander book of Friesian Heritage Horse International registry. This colt will be tall, Madiera his Andalusian dam is 16.1 hands and his sire Valiant our Friesian stallion is a solid 16.2. He sold right after posting the  pictures. The placenta was checked and buried. He is getting up on his own, nursing well. I have them on the monitor and watched as he tried out  his legs by trotting around Madiera. What a nice strong colt. I'm thankful for a safe birth and a healthy colt.




No comments:

Post a Comment