Monday, May 8, 2023

Vet Visit for 4

 The rain was still coming down when we awoke and kept coming until 7:00 am.  We got an inch and a half of rain during the night. I took the golf cart up to check on the mares and while there Rosaleigh and her 4 day old colt were taken out so she could be put in the field to graze. The other mares and foals came right up to the fenceline to check out her handsome colt.

She was checked and there was some discharge that didn't look quite right. Right after the walk, in fact right at 8:00 am I called Hoerr vet clinic to see if I could schedule Dr. Hoerr to come out. If Rosaleigh had a piece of the placenta still inside it could cause major problems. Emma from the clinic reported he would be able to come this afternoon. As long as he was coming I wanted to get Dancer, Lily and Rosalie sonagrammed. I left then for the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail then came right back home. Good thing, Dr. Hoerr ended up coming earlier. Berlica was hired to help and when I found out he was on the way she helped get the mares into the stall.
 Anna was also here working on the apartment so I asked her if she would also help. Only when Dr. Hoerr arrived did I remember Dancer needed her wolf teeth pulled. 
I was SO thankful for Anna today, Dr. Hoerr didn't have his speculum on his truck, I had not remembered to tell Emma about her wolf teeth so Anna was left holding Dancer's head up.
Dancer also had an untrasound to see where she is and she will be ready to breed in 48 hours.
The stallion owner was sent a text and he is bringing the stallion to Hanna City tomorrow so that works out perfectly. Next up was 21 year old Lily. I'm pleased to announce Lily is pregnant by Valiant.
She is due March 21st, 2024 but knowing Lily that foal will come 2 weeks early.  
Rosalie was next, she is in season and ready to be bred. Below Berlica is helping Dr. Hoerr hold her still for the ultrasound.
 Once Dr. Hoerr was finished Rosalie was taken over and covered by Evan. She had a big follicle on her left ovary. Last was Rosaleigh. Since I never found the placenta and didn't know if it tore or not I really needed her checked. 
I'm happy to announce Dr. Hoerr found her clean. She will be ready to breed back to Evan once she comes into season.  While Rosalie was being bred to Evan, Irish came up and showed. So once Rosalie was put away Irish was brought out and bred to Valiant.  Here I thought I had missed her foal heat. They usually come into the foal heat about a week after giving birth and Irish's colt is 12 days old. Glad to know I didn't miss it. Berlica was taken back to mom's house. Joan was staying with mom today and the kids were doing their school work there. They were given the cream and Faith right away started shaking the jar to make butter. They also had over a pint of fresh cream to make whip cream if they wanted.  I went back to the barn to clean up the stalls.  When Mark got home from work he went to the  new barn to start putting the ping pong table together. He also wanted to try my Bono mop out to see if that would clean the upstairs floor.
That mop didn't work, we need something with a fixed head so it won't flip when mopping. While he was doing that I cleaned the 5th wheel, made up the bed, put in fresh towels then emptied the tanks. That is rented again on Friday, it is booked for 2 nights May 23rd and 24th then May 26th, 27th, 28th and 29th then someone today booked it for 9 nights in June. I blocked it and the apartment off while we are canoeing Current River the first 4 days in June. 


No comments:

Post a Comment