Thursday, May 11, 2023

Thursday's Work

 Mark went out to weed whack right after breakfast while the rest of us walked. 
Joan got a call from the Hanna City post office very early this morning to let her know her bees arrived and would she come right away. Of course we had to admire both of these hives. They are filled with hundreds of healthy honey bees.
When crossing the dam on the way to Rachel's house we saw that the geese pair had hatched 2 goslings.
Pablo arrived right after the walk with his Friesian stallion. Mike brought Dancer over. That was done very quickly. I had time to snap a picture before he loaded him up and took him home.
After he left I left for Sam's club to pick up food for our dinner on Friday.  The kids are all coming over at 4:00 pm and will work until 6:00 pm at grandma's house as a Mother's day gift to her. After they quit there they will come here for a steak dinner to celebrate all the mothers in this family a couple days early. Once home from Sam's club I took some bedding out to the 5th wheel for the guests coming in tomorrow and as soon as I drove up saw a 4 wheeler. 
I was very confused as why someone would leave a 4wheeler here until I looked up. There was Faith caulking the 5th wheel.
I'm very glad she is willing to do that. At 1:00 pm Irish was teased and covered by Valiant then Rosalie covered by Evan. I was hoping both of those mares would be out.  The next time I will tease them will be Saturday morning.  Today each mare and foal pair were brought into the stall and hair pulled from the foals for the registration papers. That was taken down to the house and the paper work filled out to get 5 foals registered. That is a LOT of paper work. When I was ready to write the check to the registry I realized I was out of checks. Diane has those at her office so I drove there.  A new bank statement had come in so we quickly balanced the check book. From there I went to the post office to mail the registry papers. Once home each foal had to have 3 or more pictures emailed. Below are the 5 all with names the owner's picked out. Irish's colt is named CA$H HM
Lily's filly is named Chona HM
Rosaleigh's colt is named El Zorro HM
Tatiana's filly is named Ximena HM
and Indy's colt is named Titus HM
Mark got home as I was finishing up. Ruth found Better Boy tomato plants for sale for $5.00 each so I took 3 of the plants, Joan took 4 and Ruth ended up with the last 3. They were already root bound so I took some planters, dug up some old manure that looked pretty composted and put them in that and gave them a good watering. It is supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow morning and tomorrow is the Co-op picnic so Mark put down some fabric then wanted to spread mulch on top so they could get from the playground into the barn without getting too muddy. He used the skid steer to bring it over and dump then I spread it while he got another load.
Once he finished with that he started spreading more gravel.
We went in for supper after that job was done and after supper went back out to the barn to put the ping pong table together.
That was done by 8:30 pm.
He went home but I still needed to move Rosaleigh and her colt. Rosaleigh is now starting her foal heat. She won't be covered until Saturday. On the way in I took a picture of the tomato plants but by this time it was so dark outside I had to turn the patio lights on to get the picture. 
We have some purple flowers blooming by our back door. I don't know what kind of flower but they are pretty.

















No comments:

Post a Comment