Friday, May 5, 2023

Sherlock Holmes

 I was up at the barn at 6:00 am checking to see if Rosaleigh delivered the placenta and she did but it was no where to be found.  Something must have dragged it out of the paddock during the night.  While up there I did a quick check of the apartment floors and only found 1 dead stink bug and 2 dead ladybugs. The heat was turned up to 68 degrees as it was a little chilly. Next was the 5th wheel. I had forgotten to take hotdog forks out, the water was turned on and that floor swept and I found one dead ladybug. I was down in plenty of time to make breakfast. Joan drove up to the dumpster today as she wanted to end the walk up at mom's to start weed whacking. Diane called from Gulf Shores to join the walk remotely. Mom called when she saw us go by so we decided to skip round 2 and go in and visit with her. On the way in to mom's I stopped to take a couple pictures of her flowers growing by the gate. Those tulips were so perfect they looked fake. The iris is blooming too. 

I took the golf cart home to drop off my coat then headed to mom's to stay with her for a couple hours but on the way saw horses where they didn't belong. Irish and Tatiana were making themselves comfortable in the shadow of the new barn. 
Since we really don't want to have to clean up horse manure in the parking lot they were both put away. I really do need to get the fences put back up. 
Irish and her colt make such a pretty picture. She was looking at Valiant who just happened to be neighing to her in the picture below. She was teased and is now in her foal heat. 
Mom was pretty tired this morning and napped until Rachel arrived at 10:00 am.  I left for Sam's club to pick up garbage bags, a can of coffee, 4 rotisserie chickens, and 2 of the big packages of paper towels.  Mom's house coffee and paper towels, and I had taken the last of mine to Berean. I got home in time to empty the car then drive to the Connect church in Washington, IL for the Central IL Drama Co-op play Sherlock Holmes. Sarah brought her 3 girls, Zion, Eden and River and Rhoda brought Iris. Mark met us there.
The play was entertaining and we enjoyed it.  They had refreshments afterwards.  Mark took Mackenson home with his car and I took mine home.  I was cooking supper when I heard a stallion screaming. The stove was turned off and I ran out to see what was happening. The 6 horses in the cabin field had come running over, Sangria and Missy were both in season and Mika was trying to get between them and Evan.  I grabbed the golf cart and made it into that field as fast as that cart could go.  Mika was haltered and led into the field behind Irish and Tatiana's paddock in hopes that the other 5 would follow but they didn't.  Mark arrived while I was taking Mika out. He was put in with Lily and Rosalie in the middle paddock which kept him away from both stallions.  Next caught was Sally. She was put in the paddock next to Valiant. Dancer was next and she was put in with Sally. Missy and Sangria were taken out together with Mark taking Missy and me taking Sangria. Sangria was put in with Lily, Rosalie and Mika, Missy was put in with the 3 weanlings. By this time Cookie was desperate to be led over, she was put in with Sally and Dancer. Mark and I took the golf cart over to the cabin field to see where they got out. The gate by the shed was wide open.
It was open to the inside so I don't think the horses opened it but I think they broke the side when they ran through. I think the gate was probably left open and the horses just discovered it this evening.  Since it was a nice evening and the horses were all safe in paddocks Mark and I went on a short ride to check out the trail clearing he did yesterday. 
When we got back to the house I wanted to work on the video of the Co-op play but I had used Mark's phone to video the play since mine was out of battery. His phone would not connect to my desktop so I had to get creative. I used the laptop, downloaded the pictures and video's on that then transferred them from the laptop to a thumbdrive and from that to the desk top.  Below enjoy the Central IL Drama Co-op play Sherlock Holmes








No comments:

Post a Comment