Wednesday, May 31, 2023

3 Confirmed

 I went out early to check on Jewel's colt to see if his tendon was relaxing but could see it was still tight. Dr. Hoerr was scheduled to come this afternoon to give him a shot of oxytet (tetracycline) which relaxes tendons on foals. Madiera's colt was taking a nap in the hay when I arrived, both mares and foals were in the shelter sharing the hay which was good to see. 

Jewel and her colt moved out so I could check the tendon.
He has fancy movement even with that tight tendon and being only 2 days old.
Right after our walk I started on the 5th wheel. First the tanks were emptied then I went inside to get the laundry.  There were no towels, about then I realized, "they must have taken the towels into the apartment". The sheets were taken off the bed and take down to the machines to wash. Then came the cleaning and then came the panic.  The toilet was plugged again! I worked and worked and could not get it unplugged. I called Tim Meister who agreed to come in the afternoon but meanwhile I had someone checking in today. I went down to the house to grab a plunger and saw a car drive up. I thought it must be the new guest coming in and went rushing up to tell him, he could not move in early. IT was Amy and her sister in law and a grand child. They were fine with just walking around looking as I really needed to keep working. When I could not get the toilet unplugged I sent a message to the guests asking if he would mind staying in the Wildcat or would he want to cancel. He reported they were just coming in to sleep and would be glad to stay in the other 5th wheel but that meant I had to get the water hooked up and fill the propane tanks so they could have hot water. Mark helped get the propane tanks in the car and I drove them down to Ag Land FS on Farmington road. The lady was filling them when Joan showed up with the motorhome to get that filled. Since my kids were taking the motorhome today for our trip once it was filled Joan left and I took care of the bill. Mark installed both propane tanks and we checked it out by turning on the stove. All was well the instant hot water heater worked perfectly. Then the entire 5th wheel needed a good cleaning and the new bedding put on. Thankfully I had washed sheets this morning and 4 pillows were taken from the house. I will need to buy more pillows for our upstairs bedrooms. The pictures below are of the finished bedroom.

I still needed to get a coffee maker, coffee, sugar, creamer, cups, plates, plastic ware, pans for cooking out there and buy some new towels so drove to Dollar General but that store was closed for remodeling. I found some extra towels in our house. Tim arrived and started working on the Jayco 5th wheel but the plug is at the tank and the snake couldn't get it from the inside, he will need to cut through part of the pipes to get the plug out and then order new parts to put it back together.
What ever I made on that 5th wheel this year is going for plumbing repairs. What a disappointment. We never had it plug up all year last year.. I really needed to put up a notice nothing goes in the toilet except the toilet paper I provide.  The guest coming in today arrived about 3:00 pm and thankfully the Wildcat 5th wheel was finished just in time.
At 3:00 pm Emma from the vet clinic called to report Dr. Hoerr would be there in 45 minutes. I went to the house to cool down for 20 minutes before heading out to move the mares inside.  Dr. Hoerr was late so I pulled Irish out and had Valiant cover her. Mike arrived and took Valiant so I could put Irish back. Below he is fly spraying him. With this heat the flies are back. 
Dr. Hoerr arrived about 4:30 pm but that gave me time to get the truck cleaned out and more supplies for our camping trip loaded. I also moved all the split wood, the fire pit, and the chairs as the 5th wheel is now blocked off for 10 days so Tim has time to get the parts to fix it. We had Dr. Hoerr look at Jewel's colt first. He said it wasn't bad and one shot would probably do the trick but left a second shot if needed for Mike to give tomorrow afternoon. The next horse to do was Rosalie.
We are pleased to announce Rosalie is pregnant and due April 21st, 2024. Rosalie was bred to Evan.
The next mare for an ultrasound was Tatiana.
She too is pregnant and is due April 6th, 2024. Tatiana was bred to Valiant.
Dancer was next and she too settled.
Dancer was bred to Pablo's big Friesian stallion as she is related to both of ours.
Dancer is due the same day as Rosalie, April 21st, 2024. That is 3 mares all bred to a different stallion and all confirmed in foal. Last was Blueberry.
Blueberry was checked first to make sure she didn't have a caslicks done but she had not. If not sure what that is just google it. She stood reasonably well for her first time having a vet's arm up where the sun don't shine.
After Dr. Hoerr left Mike backed the trailer into the indoor and Tatiana and her filly were loaded first. The front was shut and Dancer was brought out next.
Mike took the trailer over to the cabin field to load Mika up and took off for Middle Grove with the first batch. Blueberry will need to stay, Rosalie can go in the second batch which will also hold Sally, Missy and Cookie. I left to get ready for church. Diane drove tonight and picked me up at 6:10 pm. David had the message tonight. Another one of those 'you don't want to miss messages' Just click HERE if you would like to watch and hear it.  I was too tired to go with the group to Culvers tonight, today was a long hot day. 


























No comments:

Post a Comment