Tuesday, May 16, 2023

A Good Day

 We woke up to rain this morning and wet pavement. By the time we walked it was just barely spitting. Diane, Ruth and I all met at exactly the same time 7:15 am. We are all prompt. We walked to Joan's picked her up and did a complete round and none of us got wet. We all quit after 1 round, Ruth to go to work, Diane to get ready to go to mom's, Joan to get ready to start school and me to leave for the Berean office. When I arrived there were already 6 cars, a lot of the volunteers were already hard at work. IF you would like to read about our morning there click HERE. I got home at noon and was expecting Dr. Hoerr to come to geld Indy's colt and ultrasound Tatiana this afternoon but Emma from the vet clinic called to ask how Friday looked instead.  At the time the calendar was empty so I told her sure anytime on Friday. Not too long after that Taunya sent a message that Jace is graduating from Goodfield elementary at 11:00 am. So Friday I will need to ask if Dr. Hoerr could come in the afternoon. I should be able to make it home by 12:15 pm. Mark brought home corn on the cob and some beautiful ripe strawberries for our supper. I added some strips of sirloin steak. I should have made a salad to get some green color on the plate. 

Rosaleigh needed to be teased this evening and since the grass is growing so well the 3 mares in the middle paddock were let out into the pond pasture on the way to get Rosaleigh. 
Left to right is Rosalie, Jewel and Madiera.  Jewel and Madiera's udders were check but neither are getting close. Next Rosaleigh was taken out, teased then covered by Evan.  She was put in the back field of Irish and Tatiana's paddock. Rosaleigh went right back over to Evan.
The gate was opened for the other two mares and foals so they could all graze together.
On the way back I stopped to get another picture of the 3 mares in the pond pasture.
It was a good day.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment