Tuesday, May 9, 2023

A trip to Middle Grove

My morning started just a bit later than usual as I didn't get my first cup of coffee until 5:15 am.  At first light the horses were checked and the gates out to both pastures opened up as the middle paddock was about out of hay. Irish and Tatiana were waiting for their gate to be opened.  We had a good walk and even made some decisions about the future. Diane reported that she wired the money for the new wheel chair van. That will be shipped up from Florida. I left at 8:15 and  picked Rhonda up as she needed a ride to the jail. I arrived at the Berean office at 8:45 am and almost everyone coming had already arrived. IF you would like to read about our morning there click HERE. On the way home from dropping off the Bibles at the Hanna City post office I drove the back way and was shocked at some of the storm damage. 
It was such a nice day that all of the mares and foals were put out on the field behind Evan's paddock. That went ok until I realized Irish is still in season and was teasing Evan.  I took the golf cart out to keep watch so they could graze for a couple hours this afternoon. the grass is so tall in that pasture. I took some pictures of Rosaleigh's colt by Evan for the website. 


The other foals were pretty funny play fighting each other.

I had plenty of time so took some video of the foals and their zoomies.

They were locked back up in their paddocks at 3:30 pm so I could make tuna salad for Mark's supper.  That is one of his favorite meals. He sent a message that he had a late estimate and wasn't going to be home for a while. Mike and Diane went to Middle Grove and offered to bring Madiera and Jewel to the gate if I wanted to pick them up tonight.  As Lily is now pregnant I decided she and her filly may as well go out to that horse paradise and bring the other 2 home but first a bale was moved into the middle paddock while those horses were at the far end of the pond pasture. The horse trailer was backed into the indoor arena and the doors shut around it.  The golf cart was taken into that paddock to get Lily and I saw that the geese pair had hatched out 4 goslings not more than a day old.  I could not get a good picture but hopefully will be able to get some of them tomorrow.  Lily and her filly were taken into the indoor by the side door and once that was shut led to the trailer. They both jumped right in, Lily was tied but when I was getting out of the trailer the filly also jumped out.  I was glad when she realized her mom was still inside, she turned around and jumped right back in.  Diane was called then to let her know I was on the way.  When I arrived at the gate they were not in sight. Lily and her filly were let go and they saw the jeep coming first.
Sheena took off running in front of the jeep to check out Lily's filly in the video below. Then Blueberry thinks she is going to meet her but Lily very politely told her to get away and then had to get a little more firm the next time she tried. That can be seen in the video below.
Madiera is due May 30th and Jewel is due June 5th but more than likely Jewel will deliver first. Below Mike is bringing Jewel and Madiera, Sheena is behind them.
Jury and Blueberry are very curious about Lily's filly. Jury isn't due until July 25th, and we need to bring Blueberry home and get her bred soon. 
The mares were put in with Rosalie. A big mature bald eagle flew overhead as I was leading them to the middle paddock. Such a big majestic bird. 
Mark was out cutting down trees on the 50 foot strip then finished up by cutting down some trees between mom's house and the dam.  I sure hope he didn't make a big mess there, the co-op picnic is Friday. Faith and Mackenson mowed here today. The push mower might have broken a belt. Lots of smoke came billowing out and the smell of burning rubber filed the air. Mackenson left the mower here for Mark to check out then went to mom's to grab another mower. Thankfully there are plenty of mowers here. 









No comments:

Post a Comment