Saturday, July 22, 2017

Broken Link

Indy is close tonight but neither of the video cameras in the stall barn are working. Ben helped order 2 more but they won't be here until Monday. Indy is stalled and is testing at just below 250, a good chance she will deliver tonight. Hopefully I can wake up, drive the golf cart up to the barn a couple times to check on her. It isn't critical that I'm there this is Indy's 3rd foal and I don't worry about her rejecting it. It just seems that this is a BIG foal, Indy is huge.
We had a storm come rolling in this morning just after 5:00 am. I was sitting out on the front porch drinking my coffee while watching the rain when a lightning bolt slashed down just to the right of the house with a huge crack of thunder. We got over a half inch of rain and are thankful for each drop. Phil dropped off the girls so he could go out on service calls. Ben and Taunya took them all over to mom's to swim and we stayed most of the afternoon. Mark used mom's grill to cook our supper and we were joined by Ron Rumbold, Taunya's dad. After supper the kids went downstairs to play with the toys while we played games for a bit then spent the rest of the evening visiting.  I'll work on pictures later, I think I'd better get to bed as I may be up a lot tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment