Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Adara

This morning when we walked outside the air smelled like rain. We were hopeful that we may get some but that didn't happen, at least not here. We saw dark clouds but they all went around us.
We had a hard day at Berean. Just too much mail to process in one day. To read about our LONG day click HERE.
I didn't get home until 3:30 pm. Yesterday I ordered sand for the arenas and was pleasantly surprised to find all 3 loads had been delivered, two in the outdoor and 1 for the indoor that will need to be moved. The driver called and didn't feel comfortable driving his truck inside to dump so I had him dump it where he dumped the lime last time.
I'll start spreading sand my next day off, which is probably Saturday. Thankful the skid steer is working, it would be hard to spread with the tractor.
 This evening I decided to get a few pictures of Zalena's filly, Adara, for the website but on the way to her paddock Ayanna's colt was sound asleep in the hay. I walked up to him, he raised his head to see who was coming but wasn't concerned enough to get up. Just too comfortable. All three of the foals in this paddock were sleeping.
 Zalena was glad to get out of the paddock but Adara was concerned that April didn't come with her. She kept running back to the paddock calling for her. These 2 fillies are now best friends.  I let Zalena graze for about 15 minutes before taking them in the arena for a few pictures.

Next they were taken into a stall and the dreaded halter put on. Today Adara got a tying lesson too. All 4 of her hooves were picked up and handled. She wasn't happy about the tying but tolerated the rest pretty well.
Winston, Prissy's colt by Valiant MUST come home soon. We have some people coming on Sunday afternoon to look at him. We were going to get him yesterday but put it off, not sure when I'll be able to get that job done but maybe tomorrow if I can get done by noon at Berean tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment