Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Tuesday's News

Tuesday was just too jam packed to update. We were swamped at work. Right after work I drove Diane home, then brought Clair over and tested her to see if it would be safe to transport. I'll have to test her again today before the transport company gets here. Rhoda had a guest come for riding but no pictures, I had to head back in to Peoria to pick up the food then get it ready for Uncle Ed's visitation. The Pekin Riding Club was hosting a show Rhoda wanted to go to and I had offered to go with her. Cassie Kramer came along with her big mare Topaz. We didn't get home from that until close to midnight. Below are a couple of pictures of the girls at the show. The rest of the show pictures are posted on the Horsemeister, Inc Facebook page.

Both girls brought home a blue ribbon then numerous other colors. There were 2 neat updates I want to share here.The fist one is from Gwen and she writes: Judy I just wanted to send a quick note and to update you on Dalia and Finn.  Below is a picture of Finn he 5 weeks shy of his first Birthday, he is so smart, and calm and just a complete joy to work with and be around, everyone just adores him.  I have taken Dalia to 2 dressage shows, the first we did intro test C and training level test 1- we received marks around 67% and received second in both classes. We would have been 1st in the intro class however, I added an extra element to the test and I got us a minus 2points (that is still a 67 with the minus 2)  I was so happy.  This Past weekend I went to our second show and competed in training level test 2 and 3 we received a 67.4 and a 66.5% respectively, and again 2nd in both classes, As well as reserve champion at training level.  I cannot tell you how much I adore both Dalia and Finn and would like to say thank you for the opportunity to have them in my life, they are both so much more than I could have hoped for. 
The second email was from Vicki, she writes: So far with less than 90 days under saddle -Rohan  has done a fun show ( multiple classes with a couple of bareback entries)  two dressage clinics and a schooling session at another farm...plus trail ride school.  And we still have some other things in t he works..whooooo What fabulous temperaments and minds these horses have.. I'm hooked on this breed.  
He went to the fun show cold turkey and I never saw him take one wrong step.  Even with a seriously hot potato TB (looked to be some type of eventing horse) that fussed and spooked and tried to rear and spin.  Rohan just packed along .. and Robert is simply amazing with them!
Thank you both ladies for the updates. Rohan and Finn are both sons of Raven. What a legacy he left. And Cortney, the owner of Helen (the blind filly) posted this picture of her with her mini companion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment