Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Melting~~~

It was hot when we walked out the door this morning early and stayed hot all day. Mytross was teased before the walk and is now out. When getting the Berean mail at TEMCO, Ellen gave me the update on her dad, my Uncle Ed. It is not good, he no longer wants to eat, he just wants to sleep. His heart valve is failing, his kidneys have already failed and he has to be out of the hospital by the end of this week. The family is looking for a home that provides dialysis.
Diane, Eva Jean and I were efficient at work today processing all the letters and studies. We will be sending the Bible labels to Willie Hofstetter in Toledo, OH. The young group there wrapped 36 boxes of Bibles (all 412 of them) for our program. Instead of him driving them back to Peoria for us to ship out we will just mail him the labels and stamps and he can mail them out from there. After work TSC was visited for grain and bedding, that was the easy part, the hard part came when I arrived home. Unloading 700 pounds of grain and bedding by hand by myself in high humidity plus 93 degree heat was down right uncomfortable! Then when I finally made it into the house it was a sweltering 84 degrees inside. The dogs were really glad I made it home to turn on the air. It took an ice cream shake to cool us  (us as in me and the dogs) all down.
After dinner Mark helped get Lola covered. She showed much better this evening but again not until we had her up at the breeding stand. The cows were checked and horses hosed off before coming back inside to cool down. A very nice email about the pictures below came in that must be shared:

I just wanted to pop in to tell you a couple of things about Evan. One, he is without a doubt ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! And two, my 11yr old son thinks it's pretty cool to see a horse that has the same name as him. That's all. I hope you have a wonderful day.

He really is a very photographic stallion.

No comments:

Post a Comment