Saturday, March 26, 2011

TSC


We drove up to TSC at 8:00am, bought ten 50 pound bags of feed, one 50 pound bag of cracked corn and ten 40 pound bags of bedding. Mark was checking out the hydraulic fittings while I checked out the bunnies and newly hatched chicks TSC has for sale right now. The bunnies are cute but I will not ever buy or raise rabbits again. When we lived in our Sioux Trail house I thought rabbits would be a good source of protein for my growing family and a easy animal to raise for meat. Unfortunately the baby bunnies born loved to be held, would hop up to us and snuggle. The very first time I butchered, cleaned and cooked my first rabbit, I couldn't make myself eat even one bite. At that point I sold or gave away my entire breeding stock. As cute as the bunnies are in the picture below, I didn't even pick up or hold them.

Mark found what he thought was the correct fitting, the truck was loaded and we headed out to the farm.

Once the truck was unloaded, Wynne and Dalia were teased, then as neither mare was in season, they were stalled and fed. Izadora was pulled out and also grained. She is not happy in with the herd, tomorrow after graining her we will move her back in the middle paddock. She used to be best buds with Mika but Jewel has taken her place.
Mark checked out the hydraulic fitting we purchased this morning and found out it wasn't correct so we headed back to TSC to pick up the right ones but they were $54.00 for the female fitting and $44.00 for the male. We ended up just returning the first one purchased for $7.00.
Steven stopped in at the farm, checked over the paddocks and moved in 3 more round bales. That will help with tomorrows feedings.
Mark had an appointment at noon to finalize the purchase of the cupboards for the office. I was glad to be along for the final decision on layout. They are now ordered and should be delivered in 5 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment