Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Automatic

Most of the time an automatic waterer is one of the best time and money saving tools on a farm but this morning it was costing us. Slogging through the mud after the rain to check the mares udders when I realize there is a river flowing down from the waterer. Mike was called and once that was adjusted he moved in 2 round bales, one for the middle paddock and one for the weanlings.
Izadora was checked over and discussed, we must wean her colt and will do so this weekend. She is still losing weight even after her teeth floating and the deworming power pack. Her big black colt is in great shape, stocky and has such a cute face. Rhoda feels he is one of the nicest of the half Friesians.
Wynne and Lily are more bagged up today, which means a trip to TSC for bedding to prepare the stalls for foaling. The fog was as thick as pea soup driving out to the farm, hopefully this afternoon the sun will come out, burn off the fog and start drying up the rivers of mud.
Now for the fun part of the day, my grand daughter is going to turn 2 years old in April and I'm actively searching (and praying) for a pony for her birthday. It would be wonderful to find one that looks like Duke, some of my nieces still haven't forgiven me for selling him. So wish me luck on finding the perfect paint pony, quiet and around 13 hands CHEAP since I spent all my money at the fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment