Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Prius & Solomon Gone

Rosalie lost her companions this morning. Rhoda and Emily drove them  up to their new home.  Sue had her farrier out to trim up Piper and he had time to trim up Valiant for us. Rhoda was holding Valiant when the farrier, William, asks, didn't you have a farm over by Lutheran Cemetery?  Turns out he was in Rhoda's class at Pleasant Hill School. What a small world.
Soon after Rhoda and Emily pulled away with the truck and trailer I noticed Killian had broken a board while reaching for grass. I was trying to push the board back in place when it gave way suddenly dumping me face first into the paddock. Even though I don't like the cold I was very thankful the mud was frozen. I ended up using a hog panel to fix it temporarily until Mark can get to it. Mom and Karin came over for a while. Mom was sitting in the rocking chair facing the window so she could watch for the mail and the setting reminded me of an Alfred Hitchcook story, something about the Bate's Hotel perhaps?
The girls just now pulled in from their trip delivering the colts. They are going to be exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment