Monday, November 11, 2013

Naked?

A strange start to the morning
Matthew 25: 35-36
For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. 36 I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.'
Spark and Mark had the opportunity today to live out these words. Early this morning as they arrived at Meister Brothers down on Kickapoo Creek road Mark saw what he thought was his coat lying in the doorway of the building. He picked it up and found this was not his and the coat soaking wet. The guys unlocked the door and went inside. Soon a call came there is a man down in the lot completely naked and just standing there shivering. Spark knew where there were extra clothes and went down to offer them to this man. They surmise he must have been in the creek. Once they had him clothed and a cup of hot coffee down him they called for help. They are not sure if he was a mental patient off his medicine or on drugs but he wasn't very lucid. An ambulance arrived to take him to the hospital.
Braelyn and Taegan kept me busy today but both settled down for a nap at the same time giving me a few minutes to tease Anna. She was not showing and Valiant wasn't too excited about her so we will mark her out. Rhoda, Sarah and Karin spent the morning helping Rachel build a house. Saturday they got the floor done and the tresses finished, today 3 of the walls went up. They came back here around 1:30pm pretty tired but thrilled with the progress. Rhoda had a guest come riding today, horses used were Anna, Ayanna and Eliza. Rhoda rode Ayanna, Emily rode Eliza while the guest rode Anna. Rhoda said the ride went well. No pictures, there was light rain snow mix coming down. After the ride Rhoda drove in to Peoria and picked up Chinese for our dinner. Anna came to pick up the girls and joined us.
We needed the wood burner this evening. The snow has been coming down steady and the temperature is going to fall into the teens by morning.

I am not looking forward to winter but have so much to be thankful for. Tonight I am thankful for our cozy warm house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment