Thursday, June 8, 2023

Thanks for the Prayers

 June 6th was a lost day for me. We were at Proctor before 5:30 am I had to quickly drink down a Gatorade then walked up to prepare me for surgery. I was looking forward to getting the hip done, I was supposed to have a block and would feel nothing when I woke up only that didn't happen. The surgeon told me the block was done but each time they asked me to move my leg I did. I wasn't supposed to be able to move it. They ended up giving me general anesthesia  and of course when I woke up I had to vomit. I was very sore and each time they tried to sit me up my blood pressure would drop so bad they were afraid to leave me. That is one way to get attention but not how I would choose. Because of that I had to lay flat for hours. Finally around 2:30 am on the 7th I was allowed to sit up and use the bathroom.  We were able to leave the hospital that afternoon. I got home, walked to my chair, sat down and didn't get back up until I was ready for bed. Each time I walked or even would sit up I would get very light headed and start to faint. The surgeon told us that the hip was extremely bad and I lost a lot of blood and that is one of the reasons. This morning I'm starting to improve. Just need to take one day at a time.  Rhoda and Sarah had come on the 6th and cleaned the house very well and did all the laundry. Rhonda brought over a meal for our dinner tonight and Gerty brought over a pasta salad for our lunch. Rhoda is coming tomorrow to spend the day as Mark will go in to work. I don't have to worry about a thing except getting this leg to walk. Thanks for the prayers. This could have been much worse according to the nurses. Mike shared the video below of taking his grandchildren across the lake at Middle Grove.

No comments:

Post a Comment