Monday, June 26, 2023

Saints and Scumbags

 Right after our walk Ruth, Diane and I stopped in at mom's to visit with her before starting the day.  It was my turn to be with her and Ruth was on call.  We had a quiet morning. Ruth stopped by around 11:15 am and brought her neighbor Annette with her so they stayed for lunch. We started with beef and vegetable soup, then had steak smothered in mushrooms, chips and watermelon. For dessert we had Karin's secret recipe of apple pie alamode. Annette laughed when she saw how we made it.  When Karin got home I left and found Mark was already home waiting for me. We moved a round bale in first for the middle paddock. 

As soon as that was done Jury was moved into that paddock to be with the mares. 
Next Evan was moved into Raven's old paddock as Mark wanted to work on his paddock. Evan ran around smelling everything before settling down to eat.
I took the golf cart to open the gate into the field and then Evan's back gate so Mark could get started. 
He removed manure, flattened the clay then added a load of lime to that paddock.
Once the horses were all fine I went in to rest and fell asleep. This evening I listened to Jeff Waibel speak at Bloomington's VBS  This was an interesting talk. He was given the title God Is Trustworthy to talk on, but decided that title wasn't the best and came up with one he felt was a thousand times better! Saints and Scumbags a study of inverse nonlinear asymptotic relationships.  Click HERE if you would like to watch this lesson, it really was worth watching and I promise you will learn something if you do. 
  After supper Mark noticed a baby bunny on the patio. This bunny didn't move when I went out to take a picture.
When I was younger I would have caught this bunny and try to raise it as a pet. I did the same for mice, birds and even snakes. Bunnies are so cute but we are overrun with rabbits now that our neighbor killed off the foxes and we no longer have a dog. 
The bunny finally hopped into the grassy area of the patio.
Mark was going to go back out to run the chain saw and cut up a few trees that fell during the wind yesterday but decided that might be too much effort. 









No comments:

Post a Comment