Friday, June 23, 2023

PotLuck

 I SLEPT all night in the same bed. This is the first time in over a year. I really am healing and today I decided it is time to get back to work. That came a bit later, after the walk I pulled food out of our fridge to make a nice lunch for Ruth and mom then took the golf cart over to mom's as it was my turn.  Joan is gone to family camp and had a trailer leaving that was supposed to go around 11:00 am so Ruth was going to come over then so I could go through the paper work with the man renting the trailer and help him get hooked up. Well he ended up coming at 10:00 am so Ruth came over an hour early.  While helping the man with the trailer a booking came in for the 5th wheel so as soon as that trailer left I ran over to the 5th wheel to turn on the water, looked at the camper stairs and they no longer looked insurmountable to me.  Sure enough I was easily able to walk up into the camper, turn on the electric water heater and turn on the air conditioner.  While at the barn Madiera and her colt were up at the gate so I decided to take her out and tease her. She is still in. Mike was sent a text then Madiera taken to the breeding stand and her colt put in the paddock next to that.  Since that went so well I decided to bring Valiant out, he was the perfect gentleman, waiting until I told him to mount and Madiera stood well. I was SO pleased. Valiant was put back first then Madiera and her colt.  I got back to mom's house and saw Sarah and Anna were there with their girls.  I couldn't help but brag about being able to do my job.  Ruth and mom were out on the deck watching the kids swim so I made their lunch then called them in. We had Panera's cheese and broccoli soup to start followed by a salad with poppy seed dressing, sliced chicken and a side of spaghetti with meat sauce and strawberries for dessert. I left then to drive to Aldi and bought $100.00 worth of food not getting home until 1:00 pm. Mark was here to help bring in the groceries. As soon as those were put away I went back to mom's to take Ruth's place until Karin got home. Yesterday Mike took Valerie, Tessa and Blueberry out to Middle Grove and took the video below:

This evening he took Irish and Rosaleigh out with their foals. No pictures or videos of that yet. This evening we had potluck at Mike and Lisa's house.
Besides Mark and I, Chelsi and CJ along with Steve and Lois were the guests. We had such a nice meal and a wonderful evening visiting.  Mike grilled porkchops that were juicy and delicious, Lois brought an amazing salad that even had pears in it, I brought cheesy carrots, Lisa made baked potatoes and a topping for the potatoes that really made those potatoes special and then Chelsi made creme brulee. 
After supper we sat out on the patio, it was cool, comfortable and so enjoyable. A big thanks to Mike and Lisa for hosting.





No comments:

Post a Comment