Saturday, June 17, 2023

Barn Work Day

 Mark and I had a lot of work to do before noon which was the start of the barn work day.  The 5th wheel tanks were emptied and the laundry collected and started. 

Stephanie's meal of enchilada's and Spanish rice were taken out of the fridge to finish defrosting for the dinner tonight. I did what I could to clean up the house, washing the counter tops, getting a load of laundry started and the sinks washed. I'm feeling much better but can't bend yet so could only clean stuff above my waist. The apartment was swept and the guest coming in today was sent a message that it was ready. By that time Braelyn, Kensley, Zion and Eden were playing on the beach so When David and Stephanie arrived Elisabet and Israel ran down to join them.
Elisabet found a huge moth so we brought that over to show the older kids.  Braelyn came up with a snake in a bucket so held the snake in one hand the the moth in the other. 
Ruth looked up what kind of moth it was on the internet.

 Later those that wanted were given a golf cart ride on some of the new trails. We got stuck on one that ended up much too steep. I had the kids get off so I could try to back up but it was just too steep so made the decision to go on down the cliff and hope the cart wouldn't roll over. I made it down safe then had the kids climb down to join me. It was just too steep for Eden so Israel climbed back up to help her down.


We all decided those trails were much to dangerous and we would stick with the easier trails.  By the time we got back from those trails Ben had arrived with Jack, Jace and Abe. I took them straight to the playground to join the others. Below is a video of some of the fun on the playground.
After lots of fun play the younger ones decided the older ones needed to also go on the trails with the golf cart. This time we backed down until it got dangerous then Israel took them down on foot. We met them at the other hill for the ride back.
We made it back to the barn and had to use just about every available inch to get us all back safe. Stephanie took a picture when we came rolling into the barn.
We had to check out some of the progress of today.


I also took the short video.
I left then to get supper going. That got done just as everyone came in for dinner. The grandchildren had been fed earlier then I told them that our basement has some secret passageways and did they want to look for them. They were pretty thrilled to explore the basement finding 2 hidden rooms (short rooms we dug out under the crawl spaces of the additions to the house) That kept them entertained until supper was over. Nolan shared some of the pictures he took of the work today.



Ben and Phil went back out to work after supper while Anna quick cleaned up the 5th wheel. I asked Joan if Berlica and Aubrey could come help Mark move a new bale in for the middle paddock then gave those girls a ride back to their house. By the time I got back Ben was ready to leave but his 3 boys were making mud in the indoor arena and were filthy. The hose was hooked up and he gave them all a good spray down before taking off for home. Phil and Anna left right after that. Mark and I are THRILLED with the progress done today but wow are we ever tired. I will surely sleep well tonight. 



No comments:

Post a Comment