Friday, June 9, 2023

Back To Work

 I felt so much better this morning, even cooking breakfast for Mark and I. He left after breakfast to go feed the cat then walk the trails. When Diane and Ruth arrived I put them straight to work. I really wanted to take a shower and they were willing to help. Since I didn't bend down to wash my feet Diane did that for me. 

I am so thankful for sisters. David arrived next with Israel and Elisabet, after checking on me they left to hike some of the new trails. Rhoda arrived by 9:30 am and was more than willing to drive me over to mom's on the golf cart. Mom and a bunch of her kids were getting ready to go to the Giant Goose Ranch for lunch in the new wheel chair van. Sarah walked in with her girls and a beautiful gift for grandma.

They left and I went out on the deck with Rhoda to watch the grand children playing in the water. Elisabet caught a baby frog and ran it up to me.
On the way back to the house I figured out it was easier for me to use the steering wheel of the golf cart to get on so drove. I took that opportunity to check the mares. Rosaleigh had lost a little weight so I drove Rhoda over to the shed to get grain. The raccoons had been into the grain while I was gone and decimated one entire garbage can and spilled grain from the others, only leaving about a half of can total left of all my grain. Hopefully Mark can figure out a better way to store the grain, raccoon proof.
Irish and Rosaleigh were fed and were happy to have it.
We drove into the barn so the 5th wheel water could be hooked up, I looked out into the field and saw a round bale we had forgotten to bring in. A job for Mark later. Rhoda ordered food from the Warehouse and went to pick that up for our lunch. That was good and really was the first time I had an appetite. Anna and  Sarah also came over and we checked some of our blood, Rhoda didn't want to get stuck but it really didn't hurt.  Anna and Sarah left for home. Mark got home around 2:30 pm. I let him rest before taking him on a golf cart ride to get a few things done for the next people coming in tomorrow. He was taken to the new 5th wheel to get the coffee, sugar and cream then taken to the old 5th wheel to put that in the cupboard, the water heater was turned on. He went then to move the bale inside.
While he was out moving the bale I thought I could move the hose, climbed off of the golf cart, took the walker and tried to get that to pick up the hose.
Well that didn't work at all so it was left until the bale was put down.
He was willing to move the hose before starting his next job of mowing.
I took the golf cart back to the house but stopped to take a picture of Evan who was staring at me hopeful.
When I got inside I needed to figure out how to take my very dirty socks off and was able to use the grabber tool for that job.
A couple pictures came in from the trip to the goose ranch.
They had ice cream for dessert.

They had a wonderful day enjoying the new offerings at the restaurant. It is now 7:39 pm and I'm ready for bed. Crazy but I'm really tired. 
























No comments:

Post a Comment